Yesterday morning I made two more green lantern needle rolls for Emma Jane. This is with a new design for the logo. I needed it to be much smaller to work on these rolls and so I’ve gone to a one piece rather than the three I used on the first roll. I also used some very small bias tape for the ties and I think that is an improvement.
Yesterday afternoon my new spinning wheel arrived. I chose the Ashford Traditional single drive, single treadle. I think it gives me the most flexibility and the most room to grow. I found it at The Woolery with a cherry finish. That cost a bit extra but all the furniture Jason and I have bought together is cherry so I wanted it to match.
While I was watching for the delivery truck I worked on the Market Bag and last night at knitting group I finished up the third tier in yellow. Whether or not I’m doing this as it’s meant to be done it does seem to be working out. I’ll be starting on the orange tier this afternoon at Daniel’s last extra-long tutoring session. Next week he starts with short ones and it’s not long at all until he’s done!
Chris had his interview with UPS yesterday but that didn’t work out for him. It’s a union job and there’s a $500 fee to join that’s taken out over your first 4 months. He’ll check out the want adds in the local paper today and then hit the mall area tomorrow looking for something else.