So, I’m making good progress on Petticoat 1 and coming down the foot now when all of a sudden I hear *crunch*. Yep, it’s happened to me. I broke my tiny wee Britanny 0 (aka 2.0 mm) sock needle. Poor little thing. I went out later this morning to the Woolpack in search of a replacement because Janet now carries Brittany needles and bought a new set. I should have enough spares now to get through this pair of socks. While I was chatting with Madonna someone wandered into the shop and looked quizically at Madonna and said, "There’s this thing called sock yarn" and I thought, "another sock addict is born". I left so Madonna could teach her all about sock yarn but promised to come back in *with* my sock next time so she could see it. It’s only fitting since she’s the one who taught me how to knit socks in the first place.
In other news, I’ve decided to frog the dragon scale washcloth today. I put it down at the beginning of the summer when the painting and sanding of walls ensued and my wrist was too sore to work on it. The cotton just doesn’t have any stretch and this pattern has quite a lot of M1′s that really hurt my hands in a yarn with no stretch. I’m really sad because I think it’s a beautiful pattern but it’s not worth hurting my hands over. I’ll probably turn this into a hat in the spring because I really love my other cotton hat done in the yarn my SP4, Chrissie, sent and I wouldn’t mind having two.