The big deal for Christmas this year was a new wheel. I'd sold the old one to subsidize the purchase of the new one and sent her packing in mid-December. This is the folding model of the Lendrum which I'd fallen in love with at Rose's back in September when I realized just how much improved my spinning was using her wheel. I requested the Lendrum "complete" with carrying case so that I now have pretty much the same capabilities as I had with the old wheel. I already knew I wasn't keen about the Lendrum lazy kate but I didn't realize Lendrum bobbins won't fit on my Ashford tensioned kate so I must order a new kate before I begin to ply. Knowing that a new friend was coming to play I ordered a wee bit of new fiber to play with. First though I'm going to work up the last of Tarragon's roving (well, just that from the first fleece I bought, there's still a full bag from her second fleece waiting to be spun as well). This is a roving that I've worked with a good bit so it'll be something familiar to use as I get to know the new wheel. I've spun a bit here and a bit there and have already filled one bobbin.