I made this quilt for Daniel quite some time ago. It was the first one I’d done in many many years and I’d only ever done 2 or 3. I didn’t realize that your quilts need to be tied or quilted at a certain density and this one bunched up around the edges. Daniel gave it to me late last year with a hole where the seam between the blue and yellow borders had come apart for about 8 inches. I took that as an opportunity to squidge my arm all around the edge and yank the batting back out, pin it and add more ties. Gwen was ever so helpful getting right in my face so I couldn’t see. She’s lucky she didn’t get a square knot of yellow thread on her tail.
I’ve pinned this quilt to be fixed several times but each time it’s been re-appropriated and unpinned before I have had a chance to fix it. With that in mind I went for a very simple and fast fix of the tear. I just pulled one border about 1/4 across the other and stitched right along the edge. It’s not gorgeous but then again, this is for a teenage boy who’s usual storage method is bunched up on either the bed or the floor. It’s “good enough for government work” as his dad used to say.