A friend tipped me off to adding almond emulsion/extract to the Quaker oatmeal recipe. I used Bob’s extra thick oats and golden raisins and they were delicious.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups extra thick oats
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, followed by oats and raisins. Mix until well combined. Scoop onto cookie sheets at tablespoonful at a time, spacing cookies a few inches apart.
Bake about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.